8.07.2009

More Slackjaw

Here's some more Slackjaw. This post includes the three songs they did on a six-way split CD put out by Asbestos. Two of these songs are my favorite Slackjaw songs ever (I'll let you guess which ones). If I remember correctly, this split was supposed to happen years before it actually did, but things got held up and it ended up coming out as a double CD. The first disc was a compilation called "Better Late Than Never" and the second was this split. The other bands were Saveface, Endless Mike, Sometimes She Burns, Tastes Like Burning and Morgan Storm. Slackjaw are the real highlight for me.
The last track I threw on is from what I think was their first release--a live CD-R called "Live on Three Legs." This song was also featured on one of the first Asbestos comps. It's a great version with some funny banter and a few lyrics altered from the CD version.
Also, I happened to stumble on a myspace made by the band after their demise which is right here. It has an official band bio. And the band they formed after breaking up (Kennesaw) are right here.

Slackjaw - More Stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment